The Impression of Increase
1. Whatever business you are in the key-thought of all your efforts should be to convey to whomever is buying from you (or whomever you want to buy from you) the ‘impression of increase’. Expansion of one kind or another or ‘increase’ is what all want and aspire to; it is the urge of their nature to seek this and to desire its fulfillment.
2. The desire for increase is an integral part of all nature; it is the fundamental growth impulse of the universe. All of nature’s (which includes our own ‘human’) activities are based on the desire for increase and expansion. We seek to grow physically and/or mentally, and/or spiritually, and/or socially. We seek ‘more food, more clothes, better shelter, more luxury, more beauty, more knowledge, more pleasure’
3. There is a normal desire for increased wealth and it is not an evil or a reprehensible thing; it is no more than simply the desire for more expansive life and abundant living. Because this is deep in the nature of each person we are also attracted to those who can be a source of this for our lives. We are attracted to those who can ‘expand and increase’ us. Moreover we are attractive to those who seek increase from us.
4. The moral is to convey the impression of increase, expansion and advancement with everything you do, so that all receive the impression that you are advancing and that you can advance all of those with whom you come into contact. This impression can be given to anyone you come into contact with not just your business prospects.
5. Believe that you are the way of increase for any person you come into contact with at any particular moment. Understand that in that moment of time you have been put in an engagement with a particular person for the sole purpose of adding to their life in one way or another.
6. Do everything with the firm conviction that you are an abundant person and want to give to all to make their lives abundant to. Feel that you are getting rich, and that this richness is dependent on you expanding and increasing others through your abundance and that in so doing you are making others rich, and conferring benefits on all.
7. But in thinking and doing all this, you must never lose sight of your vision of what you want, or your faith and the purposes and actions that will achieve this for you.